Special entrance examination procedures
for returnees and students with International Baccalaureate [IB] diplomas or other qualifications
In hopes of contributing to the human resource development-related initiatives outlined in its founding principles, BBT University actively accepts students with International Baccalaureate (IB) diplomas, German Abitur qualifications, or French Baccalauréat qualifications. * BBT University accepts new students biannually (in April and October).
Numbers of applications accepted per year
|Department of Global Management||Limited number|
|Department of IT Solutions||Limited number|
Eligibility requirements (for students enrolling in the Spring of 2021)
Applicants who satisfy any of the following conditions are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have obtained an International Baccalaureate diploma (awarded by the International Baccalaureate Foundation Office, an organization established under the Swiss Civil Code) and will be at least 18 years of age by April 1, 2021.
- Applicants who have obtained German Abitur qualifications (recognized in all states of Germany as a qualification for university entrance) and will be at least 18 years of age by April 1, 2021.
- Applicants who have obtained French Baccalauréat qualifications (recognized in France as a qualification for university entrance) and will be at least 18 years of age by April 1, 2021.
- ※Note on Japanese proficiency: As classes at BBT University are conducted in Japanese, applicants must have sufficient Japanese proficiency (equivalent to the N1 level of the JLPT test, although there are no requirements on which tests applicants have taken) to follow and participate in classes.
- ※Note to applicants from outside Japan: As BBT University is a distance learning-oriented university, it does not sponsor residence statuses or provide college student visas.
Successful applicants are selected based on written preliminary reviews (short essays, etc.) and interviews concerning their ambitions and plans to apply the logical thinking abilities and communication skills that they have acquired through international education programs toward their studies at BBT University and future goals.
Applicants meeting a certain level of academic performance review process (short essay) and need only to complete the interview; however, such applicants must submit their short essays as application documents. are exempt from the preliminary
- ※Applicants with IB diplomas: A total score of 26 or higher (24 points in the six subject groups, 1 point for an Extended Essay, and 1 point for Creativity/Action/Service) Applications with other qualifications: Contact the university for more information.
The BBT University scholarship system
BBT University has instituted a unique scholarship system to help students realize their business visions through their studies.
- Exceptional academic performance scholarships (available in the second year and thereafter)
Students who demonstrate exceptional academic performance during their first year at BBT University are eligible for reduced tuition in their second year. Exceptional academic performance scholarships reduce tuition by anywhere from 20% (147,000yen) to 50% (350,000 yen).
- The Little Push Fund (Senaka o Pon to Osu Fund [SPOF])
Business Breakthrough Inc., led by President and Representative Director Kenichi Ohmae, provides funding to BBT University graduates with new businesses (preliminary review required). Focusing solely on projects at the seed or start-up stage, the Little Push Fund primarily serves to give recipients the "push" they need to create businesses and take young projects to the next step.